Experience All That Myrtle Beach Has to Offer For Your Next Family Vacation
Prince Resort is a tranquil oceanfront destination in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – just a short drive from a wide range of fun activities and things to do for guests of all ages.
Discover Myrtle Beach and South Carolina’s Grand Strand, where fabulous dining exhilarating recreation and an endless ribbon of unspoiled coastline set the stage for unforgettable family vacations.
Browse the Bait, Tackle and Gift Shop and eateries on the historic Cherry Grove Pier, whose entrance is just steps from the resort. Embark on a fishing charter or helicopter tour or explore pristine marshes teeming with fascinating wildlife. All easily reachable from the shores of Prince Resort.
For more tips on what to see in Myrtle Beach, please browse our helpful links below or visit our newsletter page for latest news and current events.
Myrtle Beach Event Calendar
Find out what’s going on in and around Myrtle Beach during your vacation – from boat shows and holiday parades to music festivals and antique and craft shows.
- November 1 - MB Boardwalk Fright Nights
- November 1 - Color Run
- November 1 - Island Fever Music Fest at La Belle Amie Vineyards
- November 1-2 - 42nd Annual Art in the Park - Chapin Park
- November 1-2 - Waccamaw Indian People 22nd Annual Intertribal Pow Wow
- November 2 - 19th Annual Souper Supper at The Market Common
- November 2 - Bump Up the Boardwalk Volleyball League
- November 2-7 - National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Golf Tournament
- November 5-9 33rd Annual American Heart Association Beach Ride - Lakewood Camping Ground
- November 5-9 - 20th Annual Carolina Beach Music Awards
- November 5-21 - 13th Annual Toys for Tots Drive at Barefoot Landing
- November 7-January 4 - Shadrack's Christmas Wonderland - Pelican's Ballpark
- November 8 - 5th Annual Christmas Bazaar and BBQ Fundraiser - First United Methodist Church
- November 8 - Snowball Drop - Downtown Conway
- November 8-9 42nd Annual Art in the Park at Market Common
- November 9 - Bump Up the Boardwalk Volleyball League
- November 9 - Long Bay Symphony Tchaikovsky and the Romantic Spirit - MB High School Music & Art Center
- November 9 - Holiday Open House - Downtown Conway
- November 10 - 10th Annual Bag Ladies Luncheon at Chapin Art Museum
- November 11 - Veterans Day Service - MB Convention Center
- November 13-15 - 10th Annual St. Nicholas BBQ Fest - Downtown Conway
- November 13-16 - 33rd Annual Dickens Christmas Show & Festivals Week
- November 14 - Open Practice at MB Speedway
- November 15 - 4th Annual Brewing at the Beach at New South Brewery
- November 15 - Winestock - La Belle Amie
- November 15 - SxSE Music Fest at the Train Depot
- November 15 - Atalaya Sleepover at Huntington Beach State Park
- November 15 - 23rd Annual Pawleys Island 5K/10K Turtle Strut
- November 15-16 - 22nd Annual Myrtle Beach 400 - MB Speedway
- November 21 - Lighting of the Landing and Santa's Arrival at Barefoot Landing
- November 22 - 20th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting at Broadway at the Beach
- November 27 - Surfside and Grand Strand Turkey Trot
- November 27-29 - 45th Annual SC State Bluegrass Festival - MB Convention Center
- November 28 - Tree Lighting Ceremony at Market Common
- November 29 - 30th Annual Intracoastal Christmas Regatta
- December 4 - City of Conway Christmas Tree Lighting
- December 4 - Surfside Beach Christmas Tree Lighting
- December 4, 11, 18 - Rivertown Christmas Celebration - Downtown Conway
- December 4-6, 11-13, 18-20 - Night of a Thousand Candles
- December 5 - City of N. Myrtle Beach Christmas Tree Lighting
- December 6 - Holiday Music Fest - La Belle Amie
- December 6 - NMB Christmas Parade
- December 6-7 - Christmas Cantata OD Presbyterian Church
- December 7 - MI Christmas Parade
- December 11 - Living Window Display - Downtown Conway
- December 13 - Surfside Beach Christmas Parade
- December 13 - Conway Christmas Parade
- December 13-14 - Carolina Master Chorale - Socastee High School
- December 14 - 11th Annual Christmas Towne
- December 18 - Conway Canine Christmas Costume Contest
- December 20 - Breakfast with Santa - Golden Egg, Surfside Beach
- December 26-31 - 24th Annual Beach Ball Classic
- December 27 - Yuletide Music and Bonfire at La Belle Amie
- December 31 - New Year's Eve Celebration and Fireworks - Broadway at the Beach
- December 31 - A Southern Times Square - Market Common
- December 31 - New Year's Eve "Garden by Candlelight" Pre-Party at Brookgreen Gardens
- December 31 - Noon Year's Eve Party - Children's Museum of SC
- December 31 - New Year's Eve Bash - Hard Rock Cafe
- December 31 - New Year's Eve Dinner and Party - House of Blues
- December 31 - New Year's Eve Party - Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
View more information about Myrtle Beach area attractions to enjoy on your family vacation by visiting our Attractions page.
Museums and Parks
See what Myrtle Beach life was like in the 1700’s at the Kaminski House Museum, join the after-dark “ghost walk” at Atalaya Castle or explore the dunes, forests, trails and wildlife habitats of Myrtle Beach State Park.
Cherry Grove Pier
Step outside the resort to experience this cherished family vacation spot. Jutting 985 feet into the Atlantic Ocean, the historic Cherry Grove Pier is a wonderful place to spend hours fishing, relaxing at the tiki bar, enjoying live entertainment or watching the renowned July Fourth fireworks over Myrtle Beach.
Once the sun goes down over Myrtle Beach, the lights go up at entertainment venues up and down the coastline. Take in a live musical or comedy performance at the Alabama Theatre or enjoy a four-course feast and an evening of wenches, knights and jousting battles at the Medieval Times Dinner Show.
Sports & Fitness
Whether you are looking for a place to climb on a treadmill, pump some iron, shoot some hoops or just relax and take in a ballgame - Myrtle Beach has loads of activities taylor-made for fitness and sports-minded guests.
- Ball fields, playgrounds, dog parks and more at the NMB Sports Complex
- Soar up to 30' in the air with North Myrtle Beach Jetpack Adventures.
- Catch a minor league baseball game with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Get into the action at the X Gym Myrtle Beach Sports Mall
- Surf's Up for family fun - laser tag, rock wall, arcade and more!
- Check out a local sporting event in Myrtle Beach!
Myrtle Beach is an ideal getaway for fishing enthusiasts because highly priced and rare catches are often caught here. You can join the Grand Strand Fishing Rodeo held yearly from April to October and get a chance to take home some cash prizes while having the time of your life. You’ll be casting your line for some of the largest grouper, snapper, mahi-mahi, and king fish in the Atlantic Ocean!
The Little River Fishing Fleet invites you to join us on any of our 1/2 day, 3/4 day, full day, inshore, offshore, deep sea, and gulf stream fishing adventures! When it comes to Myrtle Beach Fishing, we've been the area leader since 1985. Depending on the charter, you could catch black sea bass, flounder, king mackerel, Spanish mackerel, dolphin, wahoo, grouper, vermillion snapper, shark, grey snapper and many other types of fish! Rod, reel, bait and fishing license included with every trip. For additional Summer Family Fun, join us for an afternoon Dolphin Cruise. Call us for details, or to reserve your spot. 843-361-3323
Myrtle Beach natives take boating and sailing very seriously, and as a guest, you’ll find world-class boat tours and sailing from Little River all the way down our beautiful coast line. Whether you’re testing your luck on a Casino cruise, renting a catamaran, power boat, or even a small fishing boat, our town is perfect for your next boating excursion. Discover dolphin pods, sea turtles, the high dunes of Bird Island, and the great sun rises and sunsets of Myrtle Beach.
Book your next boating adventure with one of these vendors:
Wild Thang Watersports - Our jet boats give passengers a thrill ride through the Intracoastal Waterway. Perfect for hot summer days - this high-speed "roller coaster" on the water makes for a fun, wet ride!