Experience All That Myrtle Beach Has to Offer For Your Next Family Vacation
Prince Resort is a tranquil oceanfront destination in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – just a short drive from a wide range of fun activities and things to do for guests of all ages.
Discover Myrtle Beach and South Carolina’s Grand Strand, where fabulous dining exhilarating recreation and an endless ribbon of unspoiled coastline set the stage for unforgettable family vacations.
Browse the Bait, Tackle and Gift Shop and eateries on the historic Cherry Grove Pier, whose entrance is just steps from the resort. Embark on a fishing charter or helicopter tour or explore pristine marshes teeming with fascinating wildlife. All easily reachable from the shores of Prince Resort.
For more tips on what to see in Myrtle Beach, please browse our helpful links below or visit our newsletter page for latest news and current events.
Myrtle Beach Event Calendar
Find out what’s going on in and around Myrtle Beach during your vacation – from boat shows and holiday parades to music festivals and antique and craft shows.
- April 1 – September 19 – Encounters: UFO Experience – Broadway at the Beach
- June 1 – Sept 21 - Hot Summer Nights – Plyler Park
- June 3 – September 21 – Classic Images: Photography by Ansel Adams
- September 12-21 - SOS Fall Migration
- September 17 - 11th Annual North Myrtle Beach Irish/Italian Festival
- September 18 - Music on Main Concert Series 7-9PM - Hip Pocket (Beach/Variety)
- September 25 - Music on Main Concert Series 7-9PM - Jim Quick and Coastline (Beach music)
- October 1-5 - Fall Bike Rally
- October 11 - 10th Annual Little River Shrimp Fest
- October 11 - Downtown Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest
- October 18 - Waccamaw Area Heartwalk
- October 19 - Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon
- November 5 - 20th Annual Carolina Beach Music Awards
- November 22 - 20th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting at Broadway at the Beach
- November 29 - 30th Annual Intracoastal Christmas Regatta
- December 26-31 - 24th Annual Beach Ball Classic
View more information about Myrtle Beach area attractions to enjoy on your family vacation by visiting our Attractions page.
Museums and Parks
See what Myrtle Beach life was like in the 1700’s at the Kaminski House Museum, join the after-dark “ghost walk” at Atalaya Castle or explore the dunes, forests, trails and wildlife habitats of Myrtle Beach State Park.
Cherry Grove Pier
Step outside the resort to experience this cherished family vacation spot. Jutting 985 feet into the Atlantic Ocean, the historic Cherry Grove Pier is a wonderful place to spend hours fishing, relaxing at the tiki bar, enjoying live entertainment or watching the renowned July Fourth fireworks over Myrtle Beach.
Once the sun goes down over Myrtle Beach, the lights go up at entertainment venues up and down the coastline. Take in a live musical or comedy performance at the Alabama Theatre or enjoy a four-course feast and an evening of wenches, knights and jousting battles at the Medieval Times Dinner Show.
Sports & Fitness
Whether you are looking for a place to climb on a treadmill, pump some iron, shoot some hoops or just relax and take in a ballgame - Myrtle Beach has loads of activities taylor-made for fitness and sports-minded guests.
- Ball fields, playgrounds, dog parks and more at the NMB Sports Complex
- Soar up to 30' in the air with North Myrtle Beach Jetpack Adventures.
- Catch a minor league baseball game with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Get into the action at the X Gym Myrtle Beach Sports Mall
- Surf's Up for family fun - laser tag, rock wall, arcade and more!
- Check out a local sporting event in Myrtle Beach!
Myrtle Beach is an ideal getaway for fishing enthusiasts because highly priced and rare catches are often caught here. You can join the Grand Strand Fishing Rodeo held yearly from April to October and get a chance to take home some cash prizes while having the time of your life. You’ll be casting your line for some of the largest grouper, snapper, mahi-mahi, and king fish in the Atlantic Ocean!
The Little River Fishing Fleet invites you to join us on any of our 1/2 day, 3/4 day, full day, inshore, offshore, deep sea, and gulf stream fishing adventures! When it comes to Myrtle Beach Fishing, we've been the area leader since 1985. Depending on the charter, you could catch black sea bass, flounder, king mackerel, Spanish mackerel, dolphin, wahoo, grouper, vermillion snapper, shark, grey snapper and many other types of fish! Rod, reel, bait and fishing license included with every trip. For additional Summer Family Fun, join us for an afternoon Dolphin Cruise. Call us for details, or to reserve your spot. 843-361-3323
Myrtle Beach natives take boating and sailing very seriously, and as a guest, you’ll find world-class boat tours and sailing from Little River all the way down our beautiful coast line. Whether you’re testing your luck on a Casino cruise, renting a catamaran, power boat, or even a small fishing boat, our town is perfect for your next boating excursion. Discover dolphin pods, sea turtles, the high dunes of Bird Island, and the great sun rises and sunsets of Myrtle Beach.
Book your next boating adventure with one of these vendors:
Wild Thang Watersports - Our jet boats give passengers a thrill ride through the Intracoastal Waterway. Perfect for hot summer days - this high-speed "roller coaster" on the water makes for a fun, wet ride!